Branson Fire Department warns public after local kitchen fire - FOX 5 KRBK is Springfield MO source for News and Weather

Branson Fire Department warns public after local kitchen fire

Posted: Updated:

Branson, Mo. -- (3/9/2018) The Branson Fire Department responded to a possible commercial structure fire at an apartment complex on Bird Road Friday afternoon.

The apartment was occupied by a mother and five children, all under the age of 10.

The fire was caused by unattended cooking. Oil was being heated on a stovetop and caught fire as it overheated.

The mom was able to get her children outside and then attempted to put a lid on the flames with no success before moving the pan to the sink. She then accessed a fire extinguisher and was able to put the fire out.

Fire damage was contained to the stove, cabinets and items around the sink.

BFD is reminding the public to never leave the stove top or other cooking appliances unattended. If a pan does catch on fire, turn off the stove and put a lid on the pan if safe to do so. Always consider evacuation, close doors and call 911.

(Media Release)

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Frankly and KBRK. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.