Hollister, Mo. -- (2/12/2018) The Western Taney County Fire Protection District was dispatched to a residential structure early Monday morning in Hollister.

Upon arrival, crews noticed heavy smoke showing from the attic and a small amount of fire coming from the roof of the structure. Firefighters acted quickly, containing and extinguishing the fire in a short amount of time.

The fire damage was contained to the attic, however, there was smoke damage reported throughout the home. Firefighters believe the fire started in the attic around the flue for the wood burning fireplace. The occupants were able to escape uninjured due to working smoke alarms. Firefighters remained on scene for about two and a half hours to mitigate the incident.

(Media Release)