Branson, Mo. -- (2/6/2018) Just before 2 p.m. Tuesday afternoon, units from the Branson Fire Department were dispatched to the report of a structure fire on Compton Ridge Rd in Branson.

Units arrived to find a well house on fire. According to reports, crews made a quick knockdown. Fire officials believe the well is currently not in operation.

The cause appears to be ashes from a fireplace that were discarded on the ground near the the structure. The owner stated he did not believe they were hot at the time. Fire officials warn that even in dry conditions ashes can smolder for long periods of time.

No injuries were reported.