Vacant house fire in Branson - FOX 5 KRBK is Springfield MO source for News and Weather

Vacant house fire in Branson

Posted: Updated:

Branson, Mo (11/28/2017) -- Branson firefighters responded to a report of a commercial structure fire in the 4800 block of Fall Creek Road Monday afternoon. A 9-1-1 call was placed reporting a fire involving multiple buildings on this property.

First arriving fire units discovered a residential home fully involved in fire including an adjacent metal building that was also well involved in fire and several storage sheds.

“The residential home has been vacant for a number of years,” stated Fire Chief Ted Martin. “It was

actually two old mobile homes attached with a wood frame roof placed over it. The metal building was used as a ceramic business before the previous property owners retired and vacated the property,” added Martin.

The firefighters also had to focus on stopping a fast spreading natural cover fire. High winds and low humidity allowed the fire to jump across Fall Creek Road and spread to an adjoining property. “The firefighters worked aggressively to contain the fire to the original property and the field across the road. They also had to work around overhead utility lines including electric, cable, video, phone and fiber optic,” added Martin.

Damage to the communications lines caused wide-spread outages south of Fall Creek Road until emergency repairs were made around midnight.

The fire cause has been difficult to determine due to the extensive damage to the mobile homes and the metal building. “We know the mobile home did not have utilities connected, however the family who owns the property had been doing some maintenance work using tools such as grinders and several family members do smoke cigarettes. Those items cannot be ruled out as a potential accidental cause as weather conditions increased the fire danger with temperatures in the 70’s, winds gusting over 20 mph, and humidity low around 25-30%.

The fire department did strike a second alarm requesting two additional engine companies from the Western Taney County Fire Protection District and a paramedic crew from Taney County Ambulance District.

There were no injuries reported on the fire scene.

Until the area receives substantial rainfall, the fire department encourages residents to not do any outdoor burning and to use proper ashtrays to dispose of cigarette materials being careful not to discard them in landscape areas toss from cars along roadways. “The ground surface remains extremely dry with warm days, low humidity, and gusty winds,” added Martin.

(Media Release)

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Frankly and KBRK. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.