Collection of Personal Information
You do not need to provide any information that identifies you (“personal information”) to use a KRBK Television site or to obtain information from most of the features of a KRBK Television site. In general, you can visit our websites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information.
However, if you want to use certain online services, you may be asked to provide some personal information, such as your name, mailing address or e-mail address. We also may ask you to choose a user name and password and provide that information when accessing certain online features. If you do not want to give us any personal information, you can always decide not to use the services. The choice is yours. We are only interested in offering you convenient online services that match your interests and needs.
Some examples of when we may request personal information include the following:
- E-News. You can register to receive notifications from KRBK Television sites about issues of personal interest, such as local weather, traffic and sports information. In order to provide you with these e-mail notifications, we may ask you to provide certain personal information, such as your name and e-mail address.
- Polls. Many KRBK Television sites offer polling areas, which provide users with an opportunity to vote on local and national issues of concern. When you choose to participate in a poll, we may ask you to provide your name and e-mail address. This information helps us ensure the accuracy of our polling data.
- Surveys. KRBK Television sites also may allow users to complete surveys about products or services offered by KRBK Television or other companies. These surveys may ask for your name and e-mail address, and/or other information, such as your gender and income level. This information helps us understand our survey results.
- Contests/Trivia. KRBK Television sites also afford users many opportunities to play contests or trivia games. When you enter into a contest, trivia game or any other promotional item, we may ask for your name, password information and address (physical and electronic) so that we can contact you if you win. Sometimes we may require you to provide additional information, such as your gender and income level. Of course, if you do not want to provide such information, you do not need to participate in the online activity.
- Purchases. Some KRBK Television sites enable users to purchase products. When you purchase products, we may request your name, address, telephone number and credit card information. This information allows us to send you the items you ordered, to process payment information, and to respond to product and billing questions.
- Chat/Message Boards. KRBK Television sites also may offer users the chance to participate in public forums, such as chat rooms, message boards and/or news groups. When you choose to participate in any of these forums, we may request your name, password information and address (physical and electronic). This information helps us respond to questions or concerns about use of these public areas.
- Comments/Questions. You may send us comments or questions about your use of the KRBK Television site. You need not identify yourself to send a comment or question, but we may collect your e-mail address so that we can send you a response. If you choose to provide other personal information in your comment or question, we may keep it in our correspondence files.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The KRBK Television website uses your personal information for three general purposes. First, we use the information to provide you with the services you request and to respond to billing and/or other questions related to such service offerings. Second, we use the information to understand your use of our websites and to notify you about updates to one of our sites or to send you marketing materials or promotional offers that may be of interest. Third, we may use this information in aggregate form to help us evaluate and modify existing services and to help us develop additional services that are likely to be of interest to our users.
We may share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties in limited instances. For example, we may share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties as is necessary to process or collect payments, or service registered-user accounts. We also may hire third-party technology providers to host the KRBK Television websites and to store your personal information.
We may also share aggregate, non-personal information about website usage with unaffiliated third parties, including, but not limited to, government agencies, advertisers and the media (i.e., 50% of KRBK Television, Inc., website users are female, 50% of users have visited certain sections, etc.). This aggregate information does not contain any personal information about our users.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the KRBK Television website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visit to the KRBK website in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to the KRBK website, our third-party advertisers may place or recognize a unique “cookie” on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by advertising companies, please call our office at 417-522-0020.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn or more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising for some companies, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org and http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
Finally, we may be required to disclose personal information by law or legal process, to protect and defend the rights or property of a KRBK Television site, or to protect the personal safety of users to one of our sites. We also reserve the right to contact appropriate authorities when activities that are illegal or violate our policies are taking place on the KRBK Television website.
Except under the limited circumstances described above, we will not disclose any of your personal information to unaffiliated third parties.
How We Protect Personal Information
We take reasonable measures to protect the privacy, accuracy, and reliability of any information you choose to provide and to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Only authorized employees and partners are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. Any employee or partner who violates our privacy access policies will be subject to disciplinary action and/or termination.
Accessing or Deleting Your Personal Information
If you have submitted personal information through a KRBK website and you would like to access that information, please call our office at 417-522-0020. We will use reasonable efforts to supply you with this information and to correct any factual inaccuracies that you identify. Upon your request, we also will remove your personal information from our databases.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Non-Personal Information
In some cases, a KRBK site may collect information about you that is not personally identifiable, as described below. Internet Protocol Addresses An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. This number does not identify your name, e-mail address or other personal information. If you request pages from any KRBK website, that site’s server will enter your IP address into a log.
To maintain user anonymity, KRBK does not associate IP addresses with records containing personal information. We also do not permit IP addresses to be associated and viewed with posts to chat rooms and bulletin boards. We store IP addresses for a period of time to help us to identify anyone who refuses to comply with our in-house rules or terms of service, and to identify visitors who threaten our service, site, customers or others. We also will use this information to measure site traffic for purposes of system administration and for our sponsors. This aggregate data also helps us to understand how people are using the website and helps us improve your online experience.
Our advertisers may occasionally place cookies on your computer, which is standard in the Internet industry. Please note that KRBK does not control these cookies. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by advertising companies, please contact us by phone at 417-522-0020.
Safeguarding Children’s Privacy
KRBK sites will not knowingly collect personal information or any other identifying data from children under 13 years of age without first obtaining verifiable consent from a parent or legal guardian. Requests for parental consent will explain how we collect, use, and disclose children’s personal information, and will include an opportunity for parents to prevent use of their children’s information, as well as to prevent their children from participating in features which involve the collection of personal information. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to a KRBK site without first obtaining parental consent, the site will immediately delete that information from its database.
We will not use, distribute or disclose any child’s personal information to third parties without prior parental consent. If, at any time, a parent withdraws his or her consent to our use or maintenance of personal information collected from his or her child, we will promptly remove such information from our database. In addition, we will not require children under 13 years of age to disclose more personal information than is necessary in order to participate in any online feature or service.
Terms, Changes and Questions
If you have any questions or comments about this policy or our use of personal information, please call our office at 417-522-0020 or send a letter to the following address:
1701 E Enterprise Ave.
Springfield, MO 65804
We will use reasonable efforts to promptly investigate any complaint you may have regarding our use of personal information.