KRBK is now Hiring
Part-time Production Assistant/Master Control
FOX 5 KRBK, is now accepting applications for P/T Production Assistant/Master Control. Responsibilities include floor directing, camera/studio operator, digital editing, assisting the news department, and other duties as assigned. The candidate will generally work 24-30 hours per week and must be available for morning, evening and weekend shifts.
Floor directing, camera/studio operator, digital editing and graphics. Assisting master control in various duties.
College Degree Preferred
Excellent communication skills
Ability to work well under pressure
If you are someone with the qualifications and sounds like a fit for you, please send resume with qualifications to: Caitlin@koplar.com Koplar Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and provider of a fun, exciting and rewarding work environment.
Weekend Master Control Operator
Master Control Operator is responsible for monitoring the quality and accuracy of our on-air signals as well as ensuring the transmission meets government regulations and the station’s high standards. Additional responsibilities include troubleshooting equipment malfunctions and preparing programming for play out.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
Perform on-air switching for live events
Operate recording hardware, satellite receivers and computer based systems
Prepare and check material for on-air playback via automation system
Verify all material airing by referencing program logs
Monitor on-air signals for quality control
Anticipate and troubleshoot issues when they occur
Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum High School Diploma
TV operation experience preferred
Work well within a team environment and independently with minimal supervision
Possess strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
Computer literate and technically oriented
Self-motivated, and a fast learner
Exhibit a professional attitude at all times and be able to perform in a high-pressure environment
Able to sit/stand for long periods of time
If you are someone with the qualifications and this sounds like a fit for you, please send resume with qualifications to: Caitlin@koplar.com. Koplar Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and provider of a fun, exciting and rewarding work environment.
The assignment desk is not for everyone . . . but if you enjoy a fast-paced, exciting job, that demands multi-tasking skills, it’s the perfect opportunity to begin your advancement in television. If you want to continue your career, the next step is producing. Once you have a good grounding in developing and sources news content, it’s the next step in the process. Careers in news management typically start on the assignment desk and there are no limitations to your continued growth and opportunities.
• Find local news content, from breaking to feature stories
• Develop contacts
• Make calls, then more calls to get the necessary information
• Communicate with contacts and staff
• Write and post stories to the web
• Research story ideas
• Check news sources
• Keep up with the ever present scanner
• Collaborates with News Manager, reporters and photographers to determine the content of broadcasts
• Participates in story planning meetings
• Candidate must be skilled in the use of social/digital media and how it can drive viewers to the television screen and back to our digital platforms.
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must. You should also be proficient with non-linear editing and newsroom systems.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: Caitlin@koplar.com No phone calls please. FOX 5 KRBK is an equal opportunity employer.
Fox 5 KRBK in Springfield, MO has an immediate opening for a Multi-Media Journalist for our 9:00 p.m. newscast. We are looking for someone who is competitive, passionate and aggressive with breaking news. Excellent news judgment, communication skills, contemporary production techniques, and knowledge of social media and multi-platform journalism are required. You will be expected to contribute ideas for new program segments and unique, enterprise stories. We are seeking an individual that will help us continue to develop our newscasts and excels in a team environment.
The ideal candidate must have the following skills:
• Ability to shoot and edit news at a high quality
• Write news copy with a journalistic integrity and a conversational tone
• Experience contacting sources and conducting interviews
• Knowledge of the Ozarks culture, issues and economy
• Adobe Premiere experience is a plus
• Write and produce quality news stories for multiple media platforms
• Excellent time management
• Four-year college degree (journalism preferred). Minimum qualifications, TV news experience at student level, or one year of professional TV news.
Please submit a resume and a link to samples of your work to Caitlin Nahorski at firstname.lastname@example.org. KRBK-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
Advertising Sales Account Executive
Do you understand the business to business sales process? Can you get appointments with business owners, and successfully create a desire for them to do business with you?
FOX 5 KRBK & MeTV Ozarks in Springfield, MO is looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Account Executive to sell commercial and digital advertising and marketing services to local businesses and agencies. We offer a great environment and compensation plan for driven, competitive and positive people who have passion for getting results for our clients.
• Meet and exceed goals by selling television advertising and marketing plans to businesses. Our sales staff is expected to build lasting relationships and develop long-term, results-driven advertising plans for our clients.
• Conduct needs analysis meetings with clients daily.
• Use information from needs analysis meetings to produce advertising proposals for clients.
• Consistently prospect new business.
• Monitor competition regularly, including, but not limited to TV, radio, cable, print and outdoor.
• Attend and contribute to weekly sales meetings as well as weekly outside sales training.
• Must have excellent time management skills.
• Maintain accurate records of all sales calls, meetings, presentations and proposals.
• Maintain a professional sales appearance as you are a representation of the company.
Business to business sales experience is preferred, but not required. College degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is also preferred.
The ideal Account Executive should have excellent presentation as well as negotiation skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Products.
Essential attributes of the employee are that they must be passionate for sales and marketing, self-motivated and willing to work as a team player. Creativity, flexibility, and ability to change with our industry are also keys to success. Strong communication and customer service skills are needed along with strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. A current, valid driver’s license and excellent driving history required.
Please send resume with qualifications to email@example.com. FOX 5 KRBK is an equal opportunity employer.
Digital Sales Specialist
Voltron Digital Solutions, a Springfield, MO and St. Louis, MO based company, is looking for a Digital Sales Specialist. This position is responsible for the overall revenue growth of Voltron Digital Solutions. Candidate must have business to business sales experience, and expert knowledge of digital marketing products and strategies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
– Go on appointments with other account executives to help generate digital revenue.
– Research, prospect and solicit new potential digital clients.
– Design and execute digital marketing campaigns for primarily local clients; develop and foster strong client relationships at various levels.
– Generate new business on a local, regional and national basis through demonstrated, proven results.
– Design and execute high-impact, data-driven, results oriented digital programs.
– Perform research in coordination with client business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities:
– Coordinate and communicate with services fulfillment company to ensure client campaign is executed properly.
– Monitor and evaluate web analytics dashboards and reports in order to develop and recommend digital strategies.
– Constant communication to sales team and management on project development, timelines, and results.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
• Minimum of three years of digital marketing and sales experience with a proven track record.
• Experience working with popular keyword tools (Google, WordTracker, Keyword Discovery etc).
• Knowledge of HTML/CSS and website administration.
• High-level proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics as well as internal reporting tools.
• Knowledge of PPC programs and optimizing data gathered from both organic and paid sources.
• High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills.
• Outstanding ability to think creatively and strategically to identify and resolve problems.
Please send resume with qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. FOX 5 KRBK is an equal opportunity employer.
Voltron Digital Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
Semester internship available at FOX 5 KRBK in Springfield, MO.
This particular Internship is a structured, part-time position, working approximately 25 hours per week during the academic semester. It is designed to provide meaningful and challenging projects, specifically designed to enhance content distribution through new technologies that are immediate and easily accessible.
The Internship program is designed to augment a student’s academic studies. Duties can include, but are not limited to:
– Research and gather materials for reporter stories and newscasts.
– Assist with special projects, including elections, produced news programs and severe weather coverage.
– Answer newsroom telephones.
Each intern, based on their area of focus (producer, reporter, production, etc.) will be required to complete a final project.
Job Requirements: College student, preferably a junior or senior, with a major in broadcast or journalism, who meets the academic eligibility requirements of the specific program. Must be able to obtain college credit for the internship.
Individual subject matter and skills will vary depending upon available placements.
Employment Status: Temporary
To apply please send resume and video link (if applicable) to: email@example.com